In 2019, millennials and Generation Z accounted for almost 40% of the population in China, an important segment driving the Chinese consumer market.
This report helps local and global businesses understand Chinese urban millennials and Generation Z to seize the market opportunities they offer, focusing on three key themes and eight trends that are critical when profiling this distinctive and important consumer segment.
The Three Key Themes and Eight Trends are:
1. Ubiquitous Digital Convenience
- Living on Smartphones
- “Keeping Up with Influencers”
- Comfort and Convenience in the Home
2. Developing Shopping Preferences
- Premiumisation: A Tale of Two Groups
- Redefined “Made in China”
3. Modern Urban Life
- Pets as Family
- Advanced Parenting